Thursday, May 28, 2009

Flowers in my Garden

I decided that I wanted to share some of the flowers starting to bloom in my garden. These are called Califormia Poppies and totally seed themselves. I actually didn't plant any of these. I have a space that is by my garage, 1 foot x 22 feet and it is covered with these. They are really pretty.

I have 3 pots that I just put some simple Marigolds in. My boys wanted Yellow, Orange and Red flowers and these fit the bill. I love the color combination, makes me think of cardstock colors.

This is a pretty special Poppy. I was just going to take a picture of the flower but that wouldn't show you just how big it is. So instead as I was taking the picture I put my hand next to the flower. Just so you know I do not have small hands, this Poppy is huge. I only have one plant and there are 10 more flowers just like this one getting ready to open.

This is the last flower picture for today. I really love the color of these Iris's. It is a small plant yet it still has many flowers on it. The colors are great. I am hoping to get some stamping done in the next few days to show you. I just started working last week and it is a bit of an adjustment for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment